Back to Blog
Tips for keep upon your rental property! We're going to go higher than some tips and suggestions for keeping your rentals in great disturb and keeping those tenants happy in the house you want to sell!
1. attain NOT get diy repairs. Unless you are a professional and really realize know what you're doing, you are not going to keep yourself money by "fixing" anything.
2. If it's obsolete and outdated, replace it. You will spend more child support in the long manage by repairing instead of handily replacing taking into account newer more efficient products.
3. Set aside money for maintenance. There are several ways that you can arrive in the works afterward an estimate. Here are a few!
50% Rule: sum practicing costs (repairs, maintenance, taxes, insurance) will equal half of your rental property income. in view of that if your property rents for $1,200/mo, you should expect $600 of that to go to keeping the property happening and running.
1% Rule: maintenance will cost nearly one percent of the property value per year. so a property valued at $190,000 should cost $1,900 a year to preserve (or $160 a month).
Square footage formula: plot on $1 per square foot for once a year maintenance costs. consequently a 2,200 foot rental should cost not far off from $2,200 a year in maintenance costs.
5x rule: keep costs will average 1.5 period the monthly rental rate. hence if your house rents for $1,200, then you should anticipate spending nearly $1,800 a year in repairs. (www.realpropertymgt.com)
4. Security deposits are not for not to be used as last month's rent. It is to handle the usual wear and tear that happens after a tenant leaves. If your property you want to sell fast has obsolescent counters you cannot use that security addition to replace those counters. It's to cover serious damage such as holes in the wall, ruined supplementary carpet, etc.
5. save fine records. save track of subsequently things are installed, updates, and their estimated sparkle span.
6. Inspect!! scheme upon yearly to twice a year inspections to create positive you're property is in good shape. acknowledge photos of the condition and save them subsequently your records.
7. create certain you know who you are going to use for repairs. Don't wait until it happens to start the search. Have professionals you can construct a good relationship like and who will complete repairs speedily and correctly the first time. Speedy repairs point toward less damage because then you can keep that house up more to fix it up and sell it for cash in Nashville later on.